What is an Instrument Petting Zoo?
If you'd like to learn more about the orchestra and get up close to some of the instruments you see on stage and hear during our concerts, then make sure to visit us during one of our upcoming 'Petting Zoo's' - yes you will be able to touch, hold and play the instruments!
The good news is there are no animals involved. An Instrument Petting Zoo is where we bring a variety of instruments that you would see in a Symphony Orchestra and allow you, and your children, friends and family the opportunity to touch and hold them. For those of you brave enough to try, you can also 'play the instruments'. If you have ever wondered how the trombone works, what a bassoon is, or what it feels like to play a violin, then this interactive and fun event is for you.
Where are the Petting Zoos?
You can find members of the Broomfield Symphony Orchestra and their menagerie of instruments at the locations below: Click on this link to read the Broomfield Enterprise article about a 2013 "Cuddletime" event (with images).
- Saturday, June 9, 2018 at Broomfield Auditorium from 9:30 to 10:15 a.m. ("Cuddletime" for Toddlers)
- Sunday, June 10, 2018 at Brunner House from 4-6 p.m. (Summer Sundays).
- Sunday, July 8, 2018 at Brunner House from 4-6 p.m. (Summer Sundays)
- Sunday, August 12, 2018 at Brunner House from 4-6 p.m. (Summer Sundays)
- Saturday, September 15, 2018 at Broomfield Days from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Midway Park)
Images courtesy of The Broomfield Enterprise and photographer David R. Jennings.